Saturday, October 8, 2011

5 hours

It was wonderful to get a solid 5 hours of sleep last night. Hezekiah will often go for 4 1/2 hours after his last feed but as he has decided that the last feed is around 8 or 8:30 often - I generally don't get to bed very soon after that even though he might be asleep. Last night however he had his last feed at 9:30 and I went to bed with him. What a difference it makes to have so many hours of sleep all together. Hopefully it won't be too long before we can have that more regularly.
His skin is looking much better but I know he needs to get in as much milk as possible. This has meant that he ends up feeding almost every hour.
He has his main feed when he wakes up and then when he is ready for a sleep an hour later I give him a "top up" from the same side - just to get whatever I can in.
Brendon was pleased to be able to get into the garden today. His old Springbok rugby jersey is his regular gardening shirt. It's at least 12 years old - so it's doing really well. I just loved this photo of him with his son though. Too precious.
It was lovely to have a visit from Steve and Josie this morning too. I always love the range of topics we end up talking about when we have visits like this.
Hannah was thrilled that her Correspondence school bag arrived today. It's always so exciting to open it and see what has been sent (especially when the bag is so full and heavy). This month's "big" item was a medical set. I can see lots of fun happening with that over the next month.


No comments: