Friday, January 21, 2011

Quite a change

We stepped into winter today and I was very thankful to see (on facebook) that I was not the only one in the area to light a fire. :-)
Another change that has been happening over the last week is on an emotional level for me. I had been feeling very much like I felt within the first week or two of conceiving Rachel (before I even thought I might be pregnant). So along with other small "signs" I decided to rather just go to the doctors rooms and get a test done. The result - a very faint 2nd line and the nurse saying "I don't want to get your hopes up". She suggested I wait and see if I was in fact late (only being due to start this coming Sunday) and then test again on Monday. I shared the news with a couple of friends (who I knew would be on-line) and asked them to pray with me and for me. I know that it's going to be a long weekend of wondering and waiting but I pray that the Lord would help me to control my thoughts and to totally trust in Him through this time. May His peace rule in my heart.
When I told Brendon the results his reply included "make sure you rest". So when I felt drained after lunch it was the obvious choice to go and enjoy a lovely 2 hour nap.
When we were having dinner this evening Brendon said "make sure you take your supplements" and so I asked him if I should take the specific ones (I had a sealed bottle of pregnancy vitamins in the cupboard). He immediately said "yes". I am so very thankful for him. He has encouraged me so much.

No comments: