Friday, March 27, 2009

Juice and Tooth

Well, it's actually teeth, but tooth sounded better next to juice. :-) Poor Hannah has two top molars pushing through and they have really been giving her a hard time. On top of that my milk supply dropped off a bit last week (in the evenings) so I got some soy formula for her when we were in town on Monday. She finally has the hang of drinking from a bottle and that has helped her sleep better the last few nights. Thankfully the teeth have not kept her up too much. And she still enjoys mom's milk when she wakes up in the morning.
But she has loved chewing on a peace of carrot each morning while I make up our juice. For the first 2 days I only did carrot, apple and pear. But I had bought some silver beet (spinage) to try and Rachel said she actually preferred it with the silver beet.
So here is my new juicer and what our daily juice looks like. I personally prefer the look and taste of that beautiful orange carrot juice (without the spinage). But there is so much goodness in those dark green leafy veggies - that it's worth it. Ruth is good about having her half a glass but Hannah really enjoys it.
Today Rachel and I were reading about bones and how important it is to strengthen your bones when you are young. When she learnt that dark green leafy veggies (like our silver beet) help your bones, she got a big smile on her face and was very happy that she is having some each day.

No comments: