Sunday, December 28, 2008

BBQ

I had taken out some Pork Steaks for lunch today and Brendon said "I can do them on the barbeque". We are having to get used to having this lovely BBQ. We did a stir fry on it before but have not used it for anything else. It was so nice to just switch on the gas and get the meat cooking straight away (no waiting for a fire to get ready). And the meat was delicious. I am pretty sure that future steaks (and chops) will always be done on there too.
One funny story is that I have found myself saying "Barbie" now for the BBQ. And when I first said it I remembered a lady asking me "do they have Barbie's in SA". Well, I immediately though she was talking a bout the "Barbie dolls" and so my answer was probably not at all what she expected. At least I know it's not just me. There was an advert of TV for Christmas where the little girl writes "Barbie" on her Christmas wish list and the Dad goes over with a big smile to the BBQ's in the shop. The Mom has a funny smile when she shows him the "Barbie doll" that the girl had intended.

No comments: