Saturday, September 27, 2014

Healthy Chocolate Fudge

I created this Healthy Chocolate Fudge recipe using this recipe as my inspiration. The original was a bit too bitter for some of my kids - so I wanted to adjust it slightly.

2 cups coconut oil
1 1/2 cups cocoa
1/2 cup honey
pinch of salt
2 "donks" THM Stevia (donk - 1/32 tsp of pure Stevia)
1 cup cream

Melt honey and coconut oil gently in a pot. Take off the heat and whisk in the rest of the ingredients until all the ingredients have combined.
Poor into a pan lined with baking paper and pop into the freezer.
Keep checking on it and as soon as it is firm enough to cut - take it out, cut into pieces and then store in the fridge.
If you leave it in the freezer too long it will freeze and crack when you try cut it. It will still work - but you won't have nice square pieces.

So if you are eating the THM (Trim, Healthy Mama) way then this is not "on plan" because of the honey. It is a great option for people who need to make sure they don't loose weight or for children who need to keep growing. My kids love it and I know the coconut oil is so good for them. So it really is a nice healthy snack.

No comments: