Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lovely roast

A friend of mine had posted this lovely recipe for Roast Leg of Lam and I decided to try it on a pork roast. Well, I think this is going to be my standard way of doing in from now on. It is so good.

Mix 1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup chutney (proper SA chutney is preferable. Mrs Balls is readily available in NZ and you don't even have to go to the international section anymore)
1/4 cup Worcester sauce
1/2 cup hot water.
Insert slithers of garlic all over the leg.
Rub mustard powder all over (I put a little bit of English mustard on as it was all I had)
Place in a roasting dish and pour the sauce over.
Add 500ml litchi or apple juice to the pan (I have yet to find litchi juice in NZ - so it's only apple for us)
Cook at 180 for 2 hours (or more depending on the size of the roast and if it's completely defrosted or not).
Spoon sauce over the meat every 1/2 hour.
Slice the meat and put back into the sauce and allow to brown (or just keep warm).

No comments: