Thursday, August 19, 2010

Banana, Walnut and Yogurt Muffins

I read about how good these ingredients are for PMS and searched around for a couple of recipe ideas. I changed them around a bit and this is what I came up with. I love the fact that they have no sugar but are loaded with such goodness and taste delicious. So make enough because everyone in the family will enjoy them. Even Rachel likes them and she is not fond of nuts.

3 bananas (mash or puree - 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup yogurt
1/4 cup oil (I used olive oil. The other idea was rice bran oil)
2/3 cup honey
1 tsp baking soda
Combine these ingredients in one bowl.
2 1/3 cup wholewheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
Blend the dry ingredients together.
Stir the wet into the dry but don't over mix.
Bake at 190 for 20 to 25 min.
Enjoy.

No comments: