Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sick parents

On Wednesday morning I had a terrible headache and by the afternoon I was terribly nauseous. I called Brendon to ask if he would try come home a little earlier as I was really not doing well. He phoned his boss that night to say he would be off on Thursday so that he could help with the girls and it was a good thing he did take the day off because he ended up being sick himself. His headaches were terrible on Thursday and also had horrible nausea.
Rachel was a great help through Thursday and Friday and the two little ones also seemed to understand that Mom and Dad were not feeling well. By Friday Brendon and I were able to spend most of the day in the lounge with them (and I actually got dressed - Brendon just has a jacket over his pajamas).
But we still had to spend most of the time lying down. It was so terribly debilitating and although we did feel a bit better on Saturday we still had a very quiet day. Sunday was our first day of being able to eat which was a huge relief as we had been running on empty for 3 days. Brendon and I both lost around 3kg in 3 days.
On Thursday Rachel not only helped with her sisters but also made 2 cakes. There was a Brownie fundraiser on Friday and I had said I would make 2 cakes. I had committed to this before I got sick but Rachel was more than happy to make the cakes herself.
On Saturday she joined the Brownies at the Anzac day service in Hawarden while Mom and Dad learnt a bit more about the wars watching some of the numerous programmes they had on TV through the day. For those who don't know: Anzac - Australia and New Zealand Army Corps. Anzac day is a yearly holiday to remember all those who fought in the wars.

No comments: