Thursday, March 19, 2009

Trying something new

I had a hard time this week trying to decide what to do for Hannah's cake. My friend in London makes the most beautiful cake with a "ready to roll" icing (similar to Marzipan but with a nice taste - no almond). Well, to my surprise, one of the local shops actually had some. So off we went and I could try something new this year. Here I am colouring the white icing (the second packet) into different shades of pink. It took around 3 hours to ice the cake as I had to get used to working with the icing. It was really great fun though and I enjoyed doing something special for my little girl.
Brendon said something about how much time cakes take and they are eaten so quickly. It got me thinking and I realized that I really enjoy putting the extra time into doing something special for all my girls as it is a practical way I can show them my love for them. Every year they get older and understand more (and appreciate more). One day they may have children of their own and when they spend a couple of hours making a birthday cake I pray they will remember the hours I spent for them and they will be filled with love and joy as they are able to do the same for their precious children....

No comments: