Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hannah is 1

Hannah is 1 today....
Wow, our little girls is already a year old. We thank the Lord for her and all the laughter and joy she brings to our home.


Hannah Buckland
Age: 1 year
Weight: 7,8kg
Height: 73cm
Hair colour: Brown - getting almost long enough that I need a clip in it, but it's still too thin.
Eye colour: Not too sure. Sometimes they look blue, other times they look a little green perhaps. Will have to keep you posted on this one....
Teeth: 8 already (4 on top and 4 on the bottom)

Now that I am one:
Food:
I LOVE food.... Some of my favorites are fish, banana, avocado, apple sauce, pasta, rolled oats, semolina (wheat porridge for breakfast) and biscuits (especially Rachel's chocolate topped guide biscuits). But in general I am willing to try anything and normally want to try everything that I see on everyone else's plate.

When Grandpa and Nana were visiting they regularly said something like "boy does she love her food", "it makes you hungry just watching her eat", "they should use her to advertise food - she just enjoys eating so much".

I still have breast milk before bed and when I wake up in the morning.
Milestones:
I was sitting soon after I was 6 months old and got crawling at 9 months. Soon after that I was up on my feet often. I loved pulling myself up on things and was soon cruising around the furniture. I really got going though when I was 11 months old. Mom says I did not walk all that much "holding her hard" which was good for her back. I just started off with the odd step when I was 10 months and just took it slowly. I am quite fast now. I can bend and pick things up, turn around and climb on the bike. I love chasing or getting chased down the passage too. It's so much fun to walk - I don't bother crawling much anymore (it's too slow).

I am not talking as much as what Rachel was at a year, but I enjoy the sounds that I do make and I understand so much. My favorite is the sound for a lion or tiger but I am also quite good at a dog, cat and cow. I loved it when the cows were close to the house. I would hear them and then go to the window so that Mom could pick me up and let me have a look. I even said "cow" a few times when I heard them. Sometimes I try say "Rachel" and I also love lights and try say that too.

Favorite toys and activities: (see photo)
I still love playing peek-a-boo and Ruth and Mom often play this with me. I also love the "head" that you put shapes into. Every time you put something in or take something out it plays music. I love music, so enjoy making it play. I love that small stacking tower. For months I could not resist the temptation to get them all off. If I saw those rings on I would always got and take them off. Lately I am quite interested in how they get back on, so I try that a bit too now.

I love those stacking cups too. Mom sometimes builds a tower with them which I love knocking down. But I also enjoying taking them out of each other, putting them in each other, and also putting other small toys in and shaking them till the toy jumps out.

The other toys in the photo are new ones that I got for my birthday. I love the train that makes a noise when you push it or pull it. That truck is also great fun because I love pushing it around and as I do there are little balls that bounce around inside.

I also love playing with my sisters. Our favorite spot is in the passage on the bean bags. I love crawling over them (and my sisters) and we have so much fun here. Rachel will sometimes put me on a bean bag (or in a box) and give me rides around the house. I absolutely LOVE this. I think it is so much fun that I even take some of the dolls for rides in the box - I push them around because I am sure they will like it as much as I do.

I am still doing really well with using the toilet (oh - I use the toilet now and don't bother with a potty anymore). I always give Mom a HUGE hug after she has put my nappy back on. We walk down the passage and I point and smile at all the photos. I have also learnt to give kisses. Most of the time my mouth is closed, but I do still sometimes forget and then if it's Rachel who is getting the kiss you are sure to hear her laughing. I still love to see Daddy arrive home. As soon as I see the car (actually any car) I start waving. And then when I see it's Daddy I get so excited. We normally meet Dad on the side of the house so that all three of us girls can get a ride with him around to where he parks. I love sitting on his lap and "driving" with him.

I love being outside and playing with the toy house we have out there. I also LOVE cats (just like my Nana and sisters) and Ginger has been visiting recently which has been great fun as he allows me to walk to him and wipe him. He rubs up against my legs which I think is wonderful.

I am having a birthday party on Friday. Dad has the day off so that will be a fun day for me.

Thanks to everyone who has been reading our blog about all that I am up to. It will be fun to see what I learn over the next year.....

No comments: