Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Totally honest

I was chatting to a friend on face book this evening and she said "so you are not the supermom I thought you were? Because reading your statuses it always seen than you must be the perfect parent." And so I got thinking. How many people are struggling desperately with sin in their life and what makes it so much harder to deal with is that they feel like they are alone. That they are the only ones struggling. I know I have felt this way many times before and it's been through friends sharing about their struggles that I can be encouraged and motivated to work through the hard times and know that there is hope. So let me share a little of my day - the behind the scenes honesty of what life is really like.

I grew a little closer to Rachel today as I had to really humble myself and ask for her forgiveness for sinning against her today. And I have sinned against her so many times but the Lord really convicted my heart today that I needed to say the words "I am sorry for .... Please forgive me". And what a special hug we then had. May God help me to keep humble and repentant and hopefully soon that sin will be history.

So many times I have prayed and asked the Lord to just take certain sins away, that I would change and be the person I so long to be. I think I have finally realized that His plan is to help me deal with this sin when it happens. That it's a process of sinning less and less, repenting more and more quickly and eventually stopping before I fall to the temptation. That this will be an example to my girls of how they need to deal with sin that they are struggling with.

How I thank the Lord for Paul's honesty in Rom 7:15 "For that which I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I HATE."
vs 24-25 "Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
How absolutely wonderful to know that our sins have been forgiven. Paul reminds us straight away of the wonderful forgiveness that we have if Jesus Christ is our Lord and Saviour.
Rom 8:1 "There is therefore now NO CONDEMNATION for those who are IN CHRIST JESUS"
God did it. vs 3 "sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin."
Thank you Lord!

1 comment:

Bron said...

Thank you Belinda!
We all need to hear this from other ladies-because i agree-it otherwise feels like you're struggling alone!
God bless you in your honesty!