Sunday, August 8, 2010

Such long hair

I had taken Ruth's extensions out last week as she had had enough of them. I had put her hair in medium size twists to keep the hair from knotting. Yesterday I undid the twists so that Dad could wash her hair before we put a new style in. I was amazed at how long her hair is already. It looked so lovely. It's a really motivation for her to see how long her hair is getting.
During the afternoon I took a break from putting the twists in and got some sewing done. I sneezed a couple of times while I was busy and by the time I had finished I had a full blown head cold. It just hit me so very quickly.
So today Rachel and Brendon helped me so much. My only task was to finish Ruth's hair. We had roast beef for lunch (and I only had to help a little bit) and then Rachel made pancakes completely on her own. What a huge help that was.
And many hours and 120 twists later Ruth's hair is done.










It's even long enough to be pulled back into one pony tail. We will tie it up like this at night to help keep the twists all lying straight.








I was lying on the couch this evening, feeling really weak from the cold and Ruth came over to chat. Nothing like a little love to make one feel better.

1 comment:

Fiona Macneil said...

Wow, those twists look so good!