Friday, August 6, 2010

Hot and Cold

Yesterday was such a beautifully warm and clear day. The girls had a great time playing outside over midday. It was only 15 out there but it was warm enough to not even need a jersey. Rachel was even bare foot. They enjoyed blowing some bubbles and after Hannah's nap the younger two spent some time in the sand pit while Rachel was off at Brownies.

Today was totally different though. I did not get to check the temperature outside but it was freezing. Rachel had a Brownie badge assessment to do at the school at 9am so we just stayed at the school library for a few minutes more and then headed over to the toy library (which was freezing). Music and movement was at 10:30 and even though there is a good heater there I still had frozen feet the whole time. We were home by 12 and only after a while did my feet finally warm up. What a contrast. We should have left the house this morning armed with beanies and gloves. Although that would not have helped my cold feet. I was very pleased to see that the cold had not upset Ruth's fingers. Whenever she gets cold I check on them to make sure we don't have any swelling as a result.

No comments: