Friday, June 11, 2010

Carving

I was amazed this morning when Hannah asked where the "birds" were (not calling them ducks but birds) and Rachel immediately opened the fridge and showed her, telling her that we would be having them for dinner. All three girls were really excited about having duck for the first time.
I can't believe how much we are "farm folk" and the experiences that we are getting. Growing up (and even in our first 5 years of marriage) I would never have guessed I would love farm life so much and even a month ago I would never have guessed Brendon would get to pluck a duck for dinner.
Julia again helped and gave me instructions on how to slow roast the duck with oranges. The gravy I had at the end was really lovely but the duck was quite tough. I suppose with the bullet holes the meat just dies out so easily. If we ever get given duck again I will give it a try in my pressure cooker.

No comments: