Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Springtime

This week we have started a Springtime theme with Ruth. Yesterday was a real rainy day though, so we made the blue background (painted on bubble wrap to make it look like rain), stuck the clouds on (Hannah enjoyed this part) and cut some grass. Today we added some yellow and orange flowers - they remind us of all the beautiful daffodils that are growing all around us at this time of year.
They have also learnt a Springtime Song which they are excited about singing for Grandpa and Nana tomorrow when they call.
Springtime Song (Tune: Did you ever see a Lassie?)
My eyes can see it springtime, it's springtime, its springtime.
My eyes can see it springtime, the grass is so green!
The green grass, the flowers, the sunshine and showers.
My eyes can see it's springtime, and I am so glad.

My ears can hear its springtime, its spring time, its springtime.
My ears can hears its springtime, the birds sweetly sing.
The birds sing, the lambs bleat the frogs croak, the bees buzz.
My ears can hear it's springtime, and I am so glad!

My body can feel its springtime, it's springtime, it's springtime.
My body can feel it's springtime, the air is so warm.
The warm air, the breezes, no frost and no freezes.
My body can feel it's springtime, and I am so glad

This is a test photo with a piece of paper covering my flash. So at least I have a temporary solution until I know if it can be fixed.

Today the girls enjoyed watching this digger. Hannah calls it a tractor - and we often her her version of "tractor" through the day. You can't understand how happy it makes this little girl to see tractors and trucks. :D

You may remember all the chook books we got from the library. Well, one of them was Little Red Hen. Ruth had so much fun with this books as Rachel, Ruth and Dad helped be the different animals in the story. Here she is telling the story to Hannah (I just taped a small section - she can tell the whole story really well).

No comments: