Thursday, February 9, 2012

First shopping blunder

I had been given some clothes for Hezekiah which were too small so Rachel and I headed off to the shops today to change those and get some jeans for her. We then popped into the grocery store to pick up a few things and I made my first shopping blunder - I forgot to weigh the fruit before going to the tills. I had totally forgotten about doing that. In NZ they have scales at the tills. I won't forget again.
The first hour of parking is free and we must have missed it by just a minute or two. So I headed back into the mall to draw cash. I walked and walked and eventually asked in a shop if I could draw money from a shop instead of a bank. She told me the Edgars (which was just a couple of shops away) had an ATM - so I could draw some cash there instead of walking much further to get to the banks. It's quite strange seeing SA money again.
Thankfully I did fine on my first driving excursion - coping with taxi's that just pull off to the side of the road and the lack of use of indicators.
Ruth was really tired and had a little nap this afternoon. I think it's all the swimming she has done in the last week.
Hezekiah's teeth have been worrying him. Nana was so clever to buy this walrus and his shark for him. He just loves chewing them.

No comments: