Sunday, January 23, 2011

Waiting day

New clothes
When I woke this morning I knew today would be more difficult than yesterday in that today was day 14 - I would know quiet clearly if I was not pregnant by the end of today. When the Phillipses visited last week they blessed us with bags of clothes. And today we got to enjoy wearing some new clothes and I got to benefit from what Grant left behind. Grant had quoted Jer 29:11 a few times to Brendon (regarding another matter) during their visit and today that verse was a great help to me.
Our landlords moved this cow and calf onto a paddock
along our drive today. It was lovely to see them for the
first time on our way home this afternoon.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

We have really been going through a lot of fruit lately. Partly due to the fact that I have been eating a lot of fruit over the last week or two. So while in town we really stocked up.
Before dinner Brendon wanted to get the last of the wood stacked and when I asked if I could help he said quite definitely "NO!". He did however suggest that I sit out there and read to him. So he got me a chair, dusted off my winter jacket (it's still cold) and I sat and read while he stacked.
The girls entertained themselves nicely. Brendon put on a new Andre Rieu DVD that we got from the church library and they sat watching that for a little while. Hannah was quite tired from the trip as she fell asleep on the way but had not slept enough. So it was a nice way for her to "wake up" properly. I got this photo of Ruth brushing Hannah's hair. So sweet.
After dinner I put their Moving to Learn music on and they had so much fun dancing to the different songs. There are many fast energetic ones and then we ended off with a lovely slow butterfly one.
Thank you Lord for a lovely day.

No comments: