Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Grin and Gamma

I am so very thankful to be feeling so much better today. I had a good night's sleep and it felt wonderful to be able to wash dishes, do laundry and prepare food today. Nothing like a day of not being able to do anything to make you feel so very thankful for all those basic things we take so much for granted.
Lately I have been making fruit shakes for the girls. I have not bothered with juicing carrots (which takes a bit of time) so I just add some yogurt to bananas, kiwi fruit and berries. The black currents I added to this one made it a lovely deep purple.
Rachel got stuck into the last few tests for Gamma and did her Final Exam today as well. Well done Rachel. She has done 3 years of worth in just under 1 year. I am so thankful we took the time out to go over this work again. She is now really grounded in the basics and I am so thankful for the motivation it has given her too. As a reward she got the last cd in her Narnia series. It's not the last cd but as a friend had given her "The Horse and His Boy" from the BBC series I kept this one till last. She was thrilled to get it and started listening to it this evening already. She enjoys comparing it to the BBC production. I can see that she is going to get a lot of extra sewing done over the next few days as she looks for bits of time to get upstairs to listen.

No comments: