Saturday, July 31, 2010

There have been some beautiful sunrises lately. I know Rachel got some lovely photos on her camera the other day. I will post hers onto her blog when I get the chance. Actually - I must perhaps show her how to do it herself. :-)
Ruth is slowly working through Rachel's 98 piece puzzle book. Rachel has not even attempted most of these.
I am not sure yet if this is a good idea or not - but I have pulled out a 1,500 piece puzzle that Brendon's mother gave us of dog's faces. Rachel and I started sorting the pieces and Ruth was excited to start building. Eventually I had to find a board for her to build on as she had a long "train" that no longer fitted on her tray. So we will see how it goes. Perhaps with my help in sorting pieces she can get this built over the next few months. It would be a lovely one to frame. Ruth is already talking about which wall to hang it on. So for now she is motivated to give it a go. A guiding friend saw my posts on fb about Ruth's puzzle building and picked up some puzzles for her at a puzzle library in town today. So I look forward to getting her some "easy to complete in one day" type puzzles. I will pick them up at my meeting on Tuesday.
Rachel got busy on her packet design and needed something to add for the back so got me to take a photo of her "tucking in".










Here is her design. You can always trust a Brownie to use pink.
:-)
I had shown her how to use my scrap booking programme and she learnt really quickly how to crop and change fonts and make fancy headings.
There are four lovely biscuit hampers as prizes to the best design from Pippins, Brownies, Guides and Rangers. Good luck Rachel.

No comments: