Sunday, December 27, 2009

Out of Egypt

"But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, saying 'Arise and take the Child and His mother, and go into the land of Israel; for those who sought the Child's life are dead.'" Matthew 2:19 to fulfill the prophecy in Hosea 11:1 "Out of Egypt I called My son."
The kittens are loving their new "toy"
and we are loving watching them.
I spent a while this morning playing with my little girls in the sandpit. Brendon and I managed to get all the growing acorns out but there were many acorns still in. So without them even realizing we were "working" we managed to sift through quite a bit of sand. When we started Hannah insisted on doing in "own" and did a great job of filling the sieve, shaking the sand through and then dumping the acorns out of the sandpit. A little later I showed her how fun it was to feel the sand falling through - so they both enjoyed that for a while as well as getting their feet buried. It was lovely to just chill out with them and just spend that time playing with them.
Friends joined us for morning tea and then a BBQ lunch which was great. Dave just doing his best to get out of the photo. :-)
They had to leave by 2:15, so while the little two slept we watched Facing the Giants. I think Rachel was a bit suspect to start with it being around football. But she got so into it and really enjoyed it. I shed many tears. We all enjoyed it so much and highly recommend it. Such a good movie.
We actually had a good laugh with our friends this afternoon because we would naturally say "you must watch it" and in NZ that would be very offensive - who are we to TELL someone what they MUST do. So for all you SA people - you must watch it.
I had forgotten about this Christmas floor puzzle I had. (Thanks Fiona for your post which jogged my memory).
Even though it is only 20 pieces (Ruth handles 60 really well) this was quite a challenge for her with it being so big. But she really enjoyed it and it was great to be able to hear from her how much she has learnt about Christmas through our last week of Bible stories. What a blessing.

No comments: