Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pharmacy

Ruth has been taking liquid herbs for the last two weeks, but last week her other herbal tablets arrived. They are too big for her to swallow, so I crush them first and add them to her liquid herbs and fish oil and then I add some berry concentrate to help with the taste. Herbs are generally really horrible to the taste and Ruth has been so very good with taking her new meds. We pray that these would begin to work in her body and will bring down the inflammation, help balance her auto-immune system (which is where the problem is with arthritis) as well as bringing up her haemoglobin (she is no longer anemic - but the levels are still quite low).
Here I am crushing a weeks worth of tablets so that I can pack my pestle and mortar away for the move. I feel a bit like a pharmacies with this job.

No comments: