Monday, October 12, 2015

National Squad Selection Results

The photos from this post are ones that Ruth took at the St John rooms while we waited for Rachel to arrive back from the National Squad Selection camp this weekend.
We had a long wait till Monday 4pm to get results (I kept asking Rachel to check her e-mail :-)). And unfortunately this year, she did not get into the squad.
We had a great time on Sunday evening chatting through the weekend and Rachel has learnt so much - even through this weekend's experience.
Only 24 out of the 66 who attended camp, made it into the squad. And Rachel was on the younger end. She does have 2 more years to apply and I know she will do even better next year. She has after all, only been in St John for around a year and a half. Her friend Thomas did make it into the team. He had attended the selection camp last year. He is the first person to be selected for National Squad from Amberley - so they are all very excited for him.
I think I was just as disappointed for Rachel as she was herself in not making it into the team. She shared with me though on how she prayed that the Lord's will be done, and so she has total trust that this was the best plan.

I really do hope she can get in next year. I know she is going to work really hard over the next year for it. It's great for her to have this very tangible goal.

No comments: