Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Lentil Pretzels

Healthy snacks have been a challenge on the FAILSAFE diet, so I was very pleased when I was introduced to making pretzels with lentils. Here is the recipe:
1 cup red lentils (soaked for at least 6 hours)
1 Tbs water
1 egg
1/3 cup butter
I blend the above to make sure the lentils get nicely blended and then I add the dry ingredients:
1/2 cup buckwheat flour (the original recipe called for chickpea flour - so that is another option)
1 Tbs tapioca flour
1 1/2 - 2 tsp sea salt
Blend again till smooth.
Pipe onto trays and add some cracked sea salt over the top (depending on how salty you like them)
Bake at 180 for 20 minutes. Or longer to make sure they are crisp (especially if your designs are a little thicker).
Hezekiah is not mad about these, so I make them in alphabet shapes because then he will eat a couple - just to see what letter get gets. :-)

No comments: