Thursday, July 9, 2015

2015 snow part 2

On Wednesday night it did start to snow. By 9:30 the deck was white.
I had looked out the bedroom window in the early hours of the morning and thought there wasn't any snow about as I could see the black of the deck. So I was surprised when we got up - to see that we did have a white garden.
It was more ice than snow though as we had already gotten some rain overnight that melted a lot of the snow and so it was a very different experience for the children. Hezekiah had fun playing with the ice on the deck (and I was SO pleased we had gotten him waterproof gloves).
Hannah decided a snow man needed to be built and so she got busy.
There was not a lot of snow, so she new it was going to be a small one.
Well done Hannah.
Such special memories.
This reminded me of the little bit of snow we had in October 2009. Rachel had so much fun - even if there was just a little. You can see the whole post here.

No comments: