Thursday, December 2, 2010

Quiche experiement

This evening I experimented with my quiche recipe and it worked out really well. Julia gave me a big tray of duck eggs, so I made two of these and one is in the freezer. It amazes me how filling they are -one is enough for a family meal.
My original recipe is basically:
1/2 cup flour, 3 eggs, 1 cup milk, salt, pepper.
Add 1 cup grated cheese, chopped onion, 2 small tins of tuna, mushrooms (optional), green pepper (optional)

So this is what I used to make these two.
1 cup flour
12 eggs (beat the eggs and add to the flour)
2 cups milk (I actually can't remember if I put milk in. With the extra eggs I don't know if I needed the milk. I am sure I will try it again within the next few weeks as it's a lovely dish for these hot summer days. I will change it here once I know for sure)
And then add:
2 cups grated cheese
500g bacon (chopped up)
4 baby marrows (sliced)
1 red pepper (chopped up finely)

Bake at 180 for 30min.

No comments: