Saturday, August 14, 2010

Picnic and post

We had a lovely picnic lunch today. I looked back to our last family photo at a picnic lunch and it was also August. So we obviously just can't wait for spring. I am sure in spring these will be happening very often.
Rachel packed the whole lunch including crackers to be made up there with cheese, gherkins, pickled onions and my favorite - smoked muscles. I was very pleased to find Ruth and Hannah enjoyed them with me. Perhaps I can find an excuse more often to buy them now. :-)
Ruth was so pleased to find her correspondence school bag arrived in the post this morning. This book is an "I spy" book with loads of different things on each page and a list of items that you need to find. But for today this page was just a fun page that looked to Ruth like one her cars would love to ride around.
It got quite chilly outside this afternoon and so Hannah decided to stay inside. I just loved the way these two enjoyed playing together through the glass for a while.
And our latest pudding is a melted marshmallow between two guide biscuits. Rachel had done this at Brownies one week and told us about it. They had roasted their marshmallows on a candle though - so she thought the microwave did a much better job of getting it soft (and not burnt).

No comments: