Saturday, October 17, 2009

Beautiful Girlhood

Rachel is now 8 1/2 and I have realised that we are moving towards those teenage years already. We have had a number of issues with her over the last 2 or 3 months and it has unsettled me a bit. A couple of weeks ago I chatted to two friends about it and was very glad to hear that I am not alone. The one friend has a daughter who will be 9 in January. It was nice for Rachel to get to chat to her on the phone last Saturday and I got to chat to her mother for over an hour.
I realised though that it was time to get this book out again. A very special friend gave it to me when Rachel was just a baby and I remember really enjoying reading it then. So after our phone conversations last Saturday we started reading it together and we have read a chapter almost every day. It has been such a blessing. For any of you mothers out there who have girls - get this book. What a blessing to sit and read a book together and get to chat about things. Already I have seen such improvement through this week. Thank you Lord.

No comments: